Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Party


Last Saturday night we went to my work Christmas Party. It was a party that most people at work were looking forward to attending. I bought a cute dress from Motherhood a week prior. My friend Chelsea did my hair and make up. I had Jennifer ready to watch the kids. To be honest with you, I was expecting to win an award, any award, so I wanted to look as nice as possible.

The party was held at Sheraton Hotel. Moses and I arrived one hour late. I was just excited to see everyone, they all looked great. Eventhough the food was not as good as we expected, i was still having so much fun being there.


One by one they announced winners of the awards. My heart beat faster, hoping they would call my name. The last award finally was announced, and it was not for me. Pretending I was ok, Moses and I left the party after saying goodbye to everyone.
I almost cried, I was very disappointed. I could not understand why I was not one of them. I have done so much for the company. I have been doing what i was expected to do and more.
I could not stop talking about it all the way to pick up the kids. Everytime Moses tried to change the subject, I would go back to my whinning about why? why it was not me.

Moses then told me that as someone who was pregnant twice in two years, and still got the managerial position, I should understand that they did see my work and appriciated it.
That's when I smiled. I did not see that coming, but I knew he was right.

I am just grateful for my family. We are here for each other.

4 comments:

Heinze Fam said...

That's right nek...who cares about the worldly award. You already have the most wonderful award anyone could dream of ...."Super Mom"

Unknown said...

oh my ... what should I do with this pregnant lady ;)
you have lots of awards already. You might not see or get it here but you'll see and get it latter. HE'll give you personally. Plus, one awards is coming .. a girl!!! that's what you want right????
Hey, love you ....

SierraIndo Family said...

Oh you guys are so sweet!

Mila Wijaya said...

ha...ha...ha...You always cracked me up Miss.Preggy. so You're craving for an award??? I'll give you an award when I get back. how bout "the first Indonesian who got pregnant three year in a row" sounds good??.lighten up,seriously....there's so much more than an award in motherhood. love ya and take care!!!